Sunday 29 June 2014

WE ARE ALL MOTIVATED - EITHER POSITIVELY OR NEGATIVELY

This is a story of two brothers. One was a drug
addict and a drunker who frequently beat up his
family. The other one was a very successful
businessman who was respected in society and
had a wonderful family. Some people wanted to
find out why two brothers from the same
parents, brought up in the same environment,
could be so different. The first one was asked,
"How come you do what you do? You are a drug
addict, a drunk, and you beat your family. What
motivates you?" He said, "My father." They
asked, "What about your father?" The reply was,
"My father was a drug addict, a drunk and he
beat his family. What do you expect me to be?
That is what I am." They went to the brother
who was doing everything right and asked him
the same question. "How come you are doing
everything right? What is your source of
motivation?" And guess what he said? "My
father. When I was a little boy, I used to see my
dad drunk and doing all the wrong things. I
made up my mind that that is not what I wanted
to be."
Both were deriving their strength and motivation
from the same source, but one was using it
positively and the other negatively.
Negative motivation brings the desire to take the
easier way which ends up being the tougher
way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment